Paediatric Occupational Therapy
We love being Paediatric OTs as we get to work with our clients and see them flourish in their daily occupations: self-care, productivity and leisure. We work with children to achieve independence. We get to use games and daily activities to help children learn a particular skill or learn alternative ways to do things. We are passionate about providing evidence-based, family-centred supports for children two years of age and older.
We work closely with children, parents and teachers to reduce difficulties with any of the following areas:
- Self-Care: Eating, toileting, dressing, sleeping
- Productivity: Fine and gross motor skills
- Leisure: Play, hobbies and interests
Come and see us, we’d love to help your child grow and thrive in their environments.
Our therapists engage in continuing professional development that exceeds our registration requirements by about five times!
We have completed professional development in the following areas:
- Core Assessment and screening
- Trauma informed care
- Positive behaviour support
- Sensory Processing
- Vestibular assessment and intervention
- Emotional regulation including
- The Zones of regulation program
- Social Skills & Secret Agent Society
- Primitive reflexes
- SOS feeding
- Making sense of mealtimes
- Mental Health First Aid
- Fine Motor and gross motor skills