WHR has long had a passion for promoting and supporting our clients to develop and maintain positive, healthy sex lives. We recognise all people as sexual beings and endeavour to educate and support others to enable this to be a positive experience.
The groups have been designed and developed based on our team’s own professional experience and training to assist individuals in understanding sex, sexuality, and relationships from an Occupational Therapy perspective. The groups include anatomical & social education, with each session able to be flexible enough to meet the participants’ needs in that group.
Our goals are to:
- Provide a comfortable learning space to improve participants’ safety when meeting new people and developing relationships (sexual or not).
- To optimise sexual expression and experience and promote healthy positive sex lives
- To improve understanding around each individual having things they like/dislike in regard to sex & sexuality
- Support parents and carers to be comfortable talking about sex and sexuality
How it's delivered
The group will involve an eight-week commitment with sessions held one evening each week (Wednesday). Each session will cover a new topic guided by two Occupational Therapists (male & female). Throughout the eight weeks, we will also have guest speakers presenting on their areas of expertise. i.e., A sexual health nurse.
Topics covered will include:
- Who you can contact
- Different types of relationships
- Qualities of a friend vs partner
- Expectation vs reality
- Examples of dates
- Basic anatomy
- Types of sex
- Pleasure parts
- Gender Diverse Relationships
- Peer Pressure
- Internet Safety
- Providing personal information
- Online dating
- Self Checks
- Conception/ Pregnancy
- Sexual Dysfunction
Whilst not compulsory, we strongly encourage parents/carers to attend a pre-program session where we will outline the course content week by week and enable you to ask questions of our facilitators.
8 week program at a cost of $1034.61 ( 8 x 2 hour sessions at the group rate of $64.66)
1hr pre group assessment (1:1 @ $193.99) and then a 1 hour follow up post group completion for outcomes assessment (1:1 @$193.99).
Total Cost: $1422.59